Sunday, February 24, 2013

The Latest With Ashley Nemer



Through the sands of time…
My career as a writer has been short in the official capacity, less than two years. But my career as a creative individual who lives and breathes for expression, that’s been a life long journey. I’m approaching a milestone, one that’s usually pretty nerve wracking to most people. But I am excited and ready to take on the world.
The big Three Oh… it doesn’t scare me so much as excited. I feel like I am finally at a point in my life where I have accomplished something worth excitement and accolades and it was before the impending deadline of three zero. Now it’s all about what is next when I wake up on that fateful day.

This spring looks promising, I have three books in the works to come out, I have my poetry book that I am very excited about, I co-authored it with my best friend Stacy Moran and Torie N. James. A unique fact about Torie, I owe my career to her, she is the one that gave me that push and encouragement so without her well I would not be here today doing what I am doing. I have Soul Mates that is a short story duet that I am publishing with L.S. Broomfield. This is special to me because it contains Wolf Pack, the very first work of fiction that I was able to complete, idea to finished product. Its only six thousand words long, the short story not the book. But it still was my very first. It’s gone through FOUR, yes FOUR re-writes, three rejections and just a lot of heart ache and tears. However the work of art it is today is much better than it was the day I finished it and I am utterly excited to have it teamed up with Lisa’s Soul Caught Fire. But lastly, I have Blood Yellow, my baby numerous dos. It is the sequel to Blood Purple and I am so pleased with it. There is so much I want to say about Blood Yellow but I’m not even sure where or how to begin. I remember when I was finished I looked at the manuscript and thought, “Oh my god, this is it, this is really one damn good story.”

So you see, I’m not even the big three oh yet and already my spring is filling up fast. This impending milestone that should be wigging me out and making me act all sorts of crazy is really making me smile because I know….this is my year. The year that it all comes together. My biggest worry for 2013 however is the voices….they just won’t shut off…and they become more powerful with each book and creation that I make. My husband says I’m nuts and maybe he’s right. But I have to think if this is my biggest problem rolling into my thirtieth year then I have to be doing something right.

I urge you to come check out my website; I’ve done a lot of work and revamped it over the last few weeks. You can subscribe to my site. I send a newsletter out once every two months with updates as to what’s going on in the world of Ashley. I’ve also included my current releases and their blurbs. I very much encourage you to go out and look at BLOOD PURPLE. This is a world like you have never scene and won’t see again.  As my husband said, Blood Purple, ‘Cause Red’s so Twilight!
Find Ashley Here:  Website   Twitter   Facebook   Email



 Current Publications for Ashley Nemer


In a world we think we know, live other races entirely hidden from the mortal perspective. Creatures of legend, of fable and myth, their very history and nature have allowed them to walk side by side with humans since time immemorial. They are warriors, they are hunters, and they are Algula. Vampire. And in their own midst, a battle is brewing for supremacy, for dominance, that can and will affect all around them. Old hatred never dies and vengeance is a fiery sword that cuts a bloody swath.









If a dream is a wish your heart makes, can it hear those things we want even if we don’t what they are? When sorrow brings young Lucy home to a land full of mystery, steeped in tradition and coloured with unspoken magic, she finds herself re-evaluating her life and her own place in it. Things are never what they seem and people are seldom what you THINK them to be if all you base it on is what your eyes see and not what your soul knows.There’s a fine line between destiny and duty, but when both are blended with love, who knows what miracles can occur at Christmas.












Upcoming New Releases with XoXo Publishing
The lines are drawn, and Zayn and Nikole must face each other in a battle of forgiveness and power. Each attempting to right their wrongs, each battling their own inner demons.

Haydar and Leigh prepare for war, rounding their men and setting into motion courses that cannot be undone.

The tales will fall in line as the four of them come face to face with each other, and they will watch loved ones perish.

When the dust settles and dawn breaks, who's going to be left standing and who will be missing? Will Nikole forgive Zayn for his betrayal? Will Leigh and Haydar overcome their differences? Will Adara say yes?
Blood Yellow...Because the stories only just begun....




XoXo Publishing in 2013 presents a poetry book that will knock your socks off. This book will take you through emotions built so deep with in you won't even see it coming.


Ashley, Stacy and Torie come together for an amazing journey and will leave you wanting more.










A duet with L.S. Broomfield bringing Wolf Pack and Souls Caught Fire to the page. These two stories about wolves and their soul mates will leave you reeling and wondering when will their next journeys come out?





No comments:

Post a Comment